Cleat extender plate - ML9 Speedplay (kit)
The FORM Speedplay extender plates offer riders extra adjustability outside the range of the standard Speedplay base plate. This includes rearward adjustment, medial adjustment or lateral adjustment. With three plate options to choose from there are multiple configurations for you to explore.
The ML9 is a plate aimed purely at medial or lateral adjustment and provides up to 9mm of additional sideways adjustment compared with a standard Speedplay base plate. Using this plate is a smart way for larger or smaller riders to increase or reduce their stance width on the bike. The plate has two sets of cleat attachment holes, one in the standard position and one in the medial/lateral position.
Note. The ML9 loses the last 3mm of rearward plate adjustment compared with a standard Speedplay base plate. Use this plate only if you have enough rearward adjustment available on your shoe.
- L & R - Two plates / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- L IN / R OUT - Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- R IN / L OUT - Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- These plates are designed to use Torx countersunk screws (provided). Using any other screws could produce compromised results.
- In some configurations minor trimming of the blue Speedplay wedges might be necessary to achieve maximum rearward adjustment. This is easily done with a craft knife, drill, or both. Please check picture gallery or get in touch for more info.